Many women, particularly moms, feel that they need to be everything to everyone. Right ladies??? Dinner on the table right on time, clothes perfectly pressed, a tiara and a halo vying for attention on top of our heads. Well, life is not always that pretty. Sometimes it’s downright messy. And sometimes we don’t have time to clean it all up. So here are the top 10 things you can clean in your house if you don’t have time to do a full house clean. These things will quickly give your house the feeling of clean for you and your family and maybe a guest or two:
1) Make the Beds – this takes about 1 minute for each bed and makes a huge difference in the look of a room.
2) Wipe the kitchen counters – just getting those crumbs off the counter brightens up a kitchen.
3) Give the toilets a quick once over with the toilet brush. This doesn’t need to be involved. Just sprinkle some baking soda in there and swish for about 20 seconds regularly.
4) Fluff the pillows on the couch. If there is a person shaped imprint on your sofa, it’s time to fluff!
5) Go through your mail. Not many things look more cluttered than a stack of paperwork. Clearing this from your inbox, desk or kitchen counter makes a huge difference.
6) Don’t leave clothes in the laundry room. When the laundry is done, put it away. Enlist the help of everyone in the family (even the littlest helpers) to make the job go more quickly.
7) Keep your fridge from turning into a science experiment. Take 1 minute a day and look through your fridge. Throw away anything that is expired or that you know won’t get eaten so that those leftovers don’t start to grow legs!
8) When you bring items in from the car, put them away immediately. Don’t drop and dash or you will soon have piles growing all over the house.
9) Fill the house with a nice aroma. Whether it’s lighting a candle, filling the potpourri, simmering some essential oil or using your favorite cleaning product or room spray, a good smelling house feels more clean.
10) Let in the natural light. Pull back the curtains, raise the blinds and let the light shine on all of your quick fixes!